Where Cars Don't Dare
15% discount for all bookings in July.
Valid for our Nov 7-11, 2017 tour only.
During booking process, enter discount code "July17" and save money.
PLUS win a one-year GPSmyCity app membership.
Destination: California & Nevada,
USA, North America
Tour category: Off-road, Guided, One-way
Duration: 5 days
Total distance: 710 miles
From US $4,345.00
Bikes: KTM or Suzuki (provided)
Experience the mysteries of the Mojave Desert
Satisfy your passion for dirt bike riding while visiting the fascinating Mojave Desert. Empathize with the 49ers traversing the same routes a century and a half ago on their quest for gold. You may think you've ridden it all, but you haven't really hit the dirt until you've adventured with us from Tinsel Town to Sin City. This trip will definitely leave some lasting impressions!
This one-way tour is based on our movie “Where Cars Don’t Dare” and starts in the San Gabriel Mountains near Los Angeles. While descending into the desert, you will soon find yourself combining great riding with visiting forgotten sites. We will show you a number of natural wonders and historic treasures. Imagine one minute swerving around Joshua Trees, then visiting a Borax Mine, the next minute climbing some great hills, then wandering through the remnants of abandoned mining camps. Halfway through this tour, you will find yourself in the seldom-visited northern section of Death Valley National Park, exploring faulted mountain ranges, young volcanoes and mysterious "moving" rocks. This part of America’s magnificent desert region is characterized by endless open routes through enormous valleys and mountains. During winter we might encounter snow-covered peaks near gigantic sand dunes and refreshing lush green oases in midst of a barren landscape. Let us know if you would like to spend a night in a Tepee or simply enjoy the comfort of our well-selected accommodations along the route to Las Vegas.
This is an off-road tour offering variable terrain with nearly no pavement. The route is designed for riders with off-road experience; however, any experienced street biker in good physical condition can manage, if willing to welcome the challenge. There are sections where we select our trails while riding within designated off-road areas, and others where we ride remote dirt roads and even some race routes. Each tour is accompanied by lead and sweep rider, equipped with tools, first aid kit, GPS, and satellite phone. A support vehicle carrying your luggage will meet you at designated stops along the route. Two-up riding is not possible.
Highlights: Mojave Desert, Joshua Trees, Borax Mine, Bickels Camp, Petroglyphs, Fossil Falls, Racetrack Playa, seldom- visited northern Death Valley, Hard Luck Castle, Rhyolite ghost town, Goldwell sculpture park, China Ranch, Dumont Dunes, Pioneer Saloon, Las Vegas Boulevard
Full Tour Details
Duration: 5 days
Riding days: 5
Total distance: 710 miles
Daily riding hours: 6-8
Ride difficulty: 3-4 (out of 5)
Terrain: 90% off-road, 10% pavement
International Airports: ONT, LAX
Group size: 4-10 riders
Group riding: Required
Suitable for passengers: No
Suitable for children: No
Accommodations: Selected hotels and bed & breakfasts.
Day 1:Wrightwood - California City(130 miles)
Day 2:California City - Panamint Springs(140 miles)
Day 3:Panamint Springs - Beatty(170 miles)
Day 4:Beatty - Tecopa(130 miles)
Day 5:Tecopa - Las Vegas(140 miles)
Note: We reserve the right to change the route based on weather and permit conditions.
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- Off-road riding experience
- Long-distance endurance
- Good health and physical condition
- 21 years old or older
- Valid motorcycle endorsed driver's license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets are required
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, with GPS and satellite phone
- Rental motorcycle
- Support vehicle for luggage transport and service
- Technical support
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing, with daily route print-out
- Snacks, water, & refreshments
- 5x breakfasts
- 5x lunches, including non-alcoholic beverages
- 4x dinners, including non-alcoholic beverages
- 4x accommodations, double occupancy (if share is not available,
the single supplement will apply)
- Preparation fee and booking fee
- Local taxes
- Entrance fee for Death Valley National Park
- Mandatory motorcycle insurance for street-legal dual sport bikes (see FAQ, "General Questions")
- All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as Admission(s) (if applicable) and Individual activities.
Select your optional services (for example: gear) during the booking process.
- 25% pre-payment required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card
- Security deposit: US $1000/bike (with CDW: US $500/bike); cash or valid credit card