The best in the desert!
This is the perfect get-away…and it won't break your wallet! Ride world-famous trails in California. The options are limitless - from scenic dirt roads to difficult rocky terrain used during recent hair scramble and enduro races. This ride features two track dirt roads, exceptional single track riding between 3,000 to 6,000 feet elevation and the most remote and beautiful terrain that the Mojave Desert has to offer.
Off road through an ever-changing terrain!
This off-road round tour starts in Wrightwood in the San Gabriel Mountains and will quickly descend through the high desert onto the legendary living Ghost Town of Randsburg. As you ride through the sparsely populated, ever-changing terrain of the Mojave Desert, you will recognize the backdrop of the movie “The Right Stuff” in which Chuck Yeager pushed his Bell X-1 to break the sound barrier, setting the first record. Experience off-roading across famous Southern California dry lake beds, home to Land Speed Racing for more than half a century and follow a section of the legendary 20 Mule Team Borax Trail. Your guide knows this area like his backyard, and will lead you to Native American petroglyphs in an ancient lava canyon, to a secluded off-road rider memorial, and to an active airplane wrecking yard, also the scene of the movie "Face/Off" with John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. At the end of the day, a cozy accommodation is waiting for you.
We will find the ideal terrain for you!
Any motorcyclist with some off-road experience can join this tour. During the beginning of your ride, your tour guide will evaluate your off-road riding skill level and select the ideal terrain for your group. Two up riding is not recommended! A motorcycle driver license is required due to the fact that we are starting and ending on a 5 mile stretch of highway all the rest is 100% off-road.
Highlights: Airplane wrecking yard, dry lakebeds, living ghost town, movie backdrops, 20 mule team borax trail, rider memorial, petroglyphs, Joshua trees, unforgettable scenery.
Full Tour Details
Duration: 2 days
Riding days: 2
Total distance: 211 miles
Daily riding hours: 6
Ride difficulty: 3-4 (out of 5)
Terrain: Limited and unlimited use off-road, riding areas connected by dirt roads
International Airports: ONT, LAX
Group size: 4-10 riders
Group riding: Required
Suitable for passengers: No
Suitable for children: No
Accommodations: Cottage style
|Day 1:||Wrightwood - Randsburg||180-250 miles|
|Day 2:||Randsburg - Wrightwood||180-250 miles|
Note: We reserve the right to change the route based on weather and permit conditions.
- Rider's age, minimum 21 years
- Dirt riding experience
- Valid motorcycle endorsed drivers license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel this country (passport, visa, etc)
- Helmets required
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, with GPS and satellite phone
- Rental motorcycle
- Support vehicle for luggage transport and service
- Technical support
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing, with daily route print-out
- Snacks, water, & refreshments
- 1x breakfasts
- 1x dinners, including non-alcoholic beverages
- 1x accommodations, double occupancy (if share is not available, the single supplement will apply)
- Preparation fee & booking fee
Select your optional services (for example: gear) during the booking process.
- 25% pre-payment required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card
- Security deposit: US $1000/bike (with CDW: US $500/bike); cash or valid credit card