Northern Baja Tour
The rugged beauty of Baja!
Join us for this adrenaline-packed dirt bike adventure through Baja’s rugged beauty. You will visit some of the iconic stops of the famous Baja 1000 off-road race. Traveling through the sparsely populated landscape will make you soon realize that the middle of nowhere is more beautiful than you ever imagined.
This ride will leave you breathless!
This off-road round tour starts near San Diego and leads you through the fascinating scenery of northern peninsula Baja California in Mexico. The route takes you through Jeffrey pine and oak forests, high mountain meadows, desert chaparral and cactus forests, along the deep blue sea to heights of the Sierra de Juárez up to 5000ft above sea level. Enjoy the breathtaking views and Mexican ambience. Since the peninsula is only between 26 and 149 miles wide in this area, we will ride from the wild Pacific coast to the quiet Sea of Cortez. This Tour is mostly on unpaved roads, some fun trails and demanding single tracks. With a little luck we'll even see one of the main attractions of Baja, the giant gray whales. Cacti of all shapes and sizes accompany us throughout this journey. The Cardon, with up to more than 65 ft in height and a diameter of 5 ft is the largest cactus in the world. We might even discover some ancient rock paintings or petroglyphs along this awesome route. We will end the days with some great Mexican cuisine, marvelous sunsets, and cozy accommodations.
Let us take away the headache of prepping a trip to the unknown!
This off-road tour offers a variety of terrain with a few pavement sections now and then. You must be at least an intermediate dirt biker to enjoy this tour; however, any expert street biker in good physical condition can manage. There are sections where we ride true single trails, other areas we will zip along curvy back roads or some past Baja 1000 race course sections. Rough and tough during the day, cozy and comfy at night... that's our motto! Each tour is accompanied by lead and sweep rider, equipped with tools, first aid kit, GPS, and satellite phone. A support vehicle carrying your luggage will meet you at designated stops along the route. Two-up riding is not possible.
Highlights: Forest, Desert & Blue Sea, the Juarez and San Pedro Martir Mountains, Pacific Ocean, Beach Riding, Bay of Cortez, some Baja Race Course, Dry Lake Beds, Laguna Hanson, El Rosario, Cardón Cacti, Great Single Trails
Full Tour Details
Duration: 8 days
Riding days: 6
Total distance: 900 miles
Daily riding hours: 5-6
Ride difficulty: 4 (out of 5)
Terrain: 85% off-road, 15% on-road. Trails, single tracks, dirt roads, Baja
race course, riding along beaches, desert and mountains, sand
International Airports: SAN
Group size: 4-8 riders
Group riding: Required
Suitable for passengers: No
Suitable for children: No
Accommodations: Selected local hotels and Ranchos
|Day 1:||Arrival at the airport and transfer to the hotel in the evening||(0 miles)|
|Day 2:||Tecate – Erendira Baja||(130 miles)|
|Day 3:||Erendira Baja – San Quintin||(110 miles)|
|Day 4:||San Quintin – Catavina||(150 miles)|
|Day 5:||Catavina – Gonzaga||(150 miles)|
|Day 6:||Gonzaga – Mike’s Sky Ranch||(190 miles)|
|Day 7:||Mike’s Sky Ranch – Tecate||(170 miles)|
|Day 8:||Departure and transfer to the airport||(0 miles)|
Note: We reserve the right to change the route based on weather and permit conditions.
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- Rider's age, minimum 21 years
- Dirt riding experience
- Good health and physical condition
- Valid motorcycle endorsed drivers license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets are required
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, with GPS and satellite phone
- Rental motorcycle
- Support vehicle for luggage transport & service
- All transfers on scheduled tour dates
- Technical support
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing, with daily route print-out
- Snacks, water & nonalcoholic beverages
- 7x breakfasts
- 6x lunch
- 7x dinner
- 7x accommodations, double occupancy (if share is not available,
the single supplement will apply)
- Preparation fee and booking fee
- Local sales tax
- Mandatory motorcycle insurance for street-legal dual sport bikes
- All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as airfare.
- 25% pre-payment required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card
- Security deposit: US $1000/bike (with CDW: US $500/bike). Cash or valid credit card