Discover the majestic Mojave Desert on a dirt bike!
Explore Southern California, from its high peaks to the lowest point of the Americas on a dualsport bike. See unique and colorful rock formations or stop at the living ghost town of Randsburg, where dirt bikers refresh themselves at the White House Saloon. From rolling dunes to the glitter of Las Vegas, this tour has it all! Twisty trails, open riding, sand, rocks, dunes, and more.
Off road from Los Angeles to Las Vegas!
This one way tour starts in the mountains northeast of Los Angeles. It travels along a very diverse route across barren desert and green mountains with elevations as low as 285 feet below sea level and up to 7,000 feet above sea level. The tour ends with a ride on “the strip” in Las Vegas. You will experience technical riding along twisty jeep roads, sandy washes, single trails with rocks and boulders, some dunes and plenty of OHV riding. There will be designated areas which allow you the freedom of creating your own true off-road trail. 95% of the tour is on dirt surface with only a little bit of pavement required to get to the accommodations or restaurants. You will traverse the 49er’s gold rush trail through Death Valley National Park and see locations like the Trona Pinnacles, the Twenty Mule Team Trail, or the Cuddyback Dry Lake all of which have been featured in many famous movies.
If you want a challenging ride that requires endurance, then this is the tour for you! The route is designed for riders with off-road experience; however, any experienced street biker in good physical condition can manage the route if they are willing to welcome the challenge. A support vehicle will transport your luggage and meet you at designated stops along the route. Two up riding is not recommended.
Highlights: Las Vegas, Mojave desert, Death Valley National Park, Echo Canyon, Mengel Pass, Gold Mining Ghost Towns, Joshua Trees, Cactus, Yucca, Dunes, Tufa Towers, Dry Lakebeds, Unforgettable Scenery
Full Tour Details
Duration: 3 days
Riding days: 3
Total distance: 440 miles
Daily riding hours: 7
Ride difficulty: 4 (out of 5)
Terrain: 95% off-road, 5% paved, technical, twisty, narrow, unpaved 4x4 backroads, desert single trails, and open riding
International Airports: ONT, LAX, LAS
Group size: 4-10 riders
Group riding: Recommended
Suitable for passengers: No
Suitable for children: No
Accommodations: Selected hotels and bed & breakfasts.
Day 1: Wrightwood - Randsburg(120 miles)
Day 2: Randsburg - Death Valley NP(150 miles)
Day 3: Death Valley NP - Las Vegas(150 miles)
Note: We reserve the right to change the route based on weather and permit conditions.
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- 21 years old or older
- Long-distance endurance
- Off-road riding experience
- Riding experience, minimum 2 years
- Good health and physical condition
- Valid motorcycle endorsed driver's license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets are required
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, with GPS and satellite phone
- Rental motorcycle
- Support vehicle for luggage transport and service
- Technical support
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing, with daily route print-out
- Snacks, water, & refreshments
- 3x breakfasts
- 3x lunches, including non-alcoholic beverages
- 2x dinners, including non-alcoholic beverages
- 2x accommodations, double occupancy (if share is not available, the single supplement will apply)
Preparation fee and booking fee
- Local taxes
- Entrance fee for Death Valley National Park
- Mandatory motorcycle insurance for street-legal dual sport bikes (see FAQ, "General Questions")
- All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as Admission(s) (if applicable) and Individual activities.
- 25% pre-payment required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card
- Security deposit: US $1000/bike (with CDW: US $500/bike); cash or valid credit card