Dolomites and Beyond
A motorcyclist's dream!
Imagine riding curvy back roads through wildflower pastures, along lakes and snow capped peaks deep into the Alps. Experience the breathtaking scenery of the Dolomites and continue far beyond some of the highest paved roads of the Alps. Enjoy beautiful, well maintained curvy paved roads through motorcycle heaven in Southern Germany, Austria, Italy, Liechtenstein and some Switzerland!
48 hairpin turns!
This round-trip street tour starts in Munich and will take you to the Musical City of Salzburg, then we cross the Grossglockner High Alpine Road, penetrating deep into the most glorious of the Dolomites around the Olympic town of Cortina d'Ampezzo. An optional riding day will allow you to either cover a dozen more Dolomite pass roads or do some mountain hiking. From Italy to Switzerland the route will take you up the most famous switchback road, with 48 hairpin turns to the top of Stelvio Pass. Listen to the sounds of cowbells while cruising through Heidiland, a well- known area of Switzerland. Steep turns and sharp bends, endless serpentines and a superb panorama, describe the Silvretta High Alpine Road which we will ride in route to the town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen at the foot of the tallest mountain of Germany. Every year in July this area turns into the center for motorcycle enthusiasts from all around the world to visit the BMW Motorrad Days. Enjoy the local cuisine and relax each evening in comfortable 3- star hotels.
Passengers are welcome!
Riding two-up can be a blast for any experienced motorcyclist. We suggest that you don't select the biggest and heaviest motorcycle, as the roads are very narrow! A support vehicle will carry your luggage, and it can also accommodate some passengers.
Highlights: Munich, Grossglockner Pass, the Dolomites, Stelvio Pass, Silvretta High Alpine Road, German Alpine Road, Berchtesgaden, Salzburg, Cortina d’Ampezzo, BMW Motorrad Day’s
Full Tour Details
Duration: 8 days
Riding days: 6
Total distance: 1016 miles
Daily riding hours: 5-6
Ride difficulty: 2-3 (out of 5)
Terrain: Twisty narrow paved alpine back- roads with tight switchbacks
International Airports: MUC
Group size: 4-15 riders
Group riding: With the tour guide or on your own, as you prefer
Suitable for passengers: Good
Suitable for children: Passenger only, 16+
Accommodations: Selected 3-star hotels
|Day 1:||Arrival at Munich. Sub-way to the Hotel in downtown||(0 miles)|
|Day 2:||Munich – Salzburg||(160 miles)|
|Day 3:||Salzburg – Cortina d’Ampezzo||(195 miles)|
|Day 4:||Cortina d’Ampezzo||(125 miles)|
|Day 5:||Cortina d’Ampezzo – Zernez||(193 miles)|
|Day 6:||Zernez – Garmisch-Partenkirchen||(218 miles)|
|Day 7:||Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Munich||(125 miles)|
|Day 8:||Departure from Munich||(0 miles)|
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- 21 years old or older
- Riding experience, minimum 2 years
- Experience riding curvy roads
- Valid international motorcycle drivers license for non local residents
- Valid motorcycle endorsed driver's license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets are required
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, multilingual, with GPS
- Motorcycle rental
- Damage and theft waiver with deductible
- Luggage carrier (side cases or saddle bags or top case)
- Included kilometers/miles limited, but enough for entire tour
- Support vehicle for luggage transport and passengers (limited)
- Technical support
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing, with daily route print-out
- 7x breakfasts
- Welcome dinner incl. nonalcoholic beverages
- 7x accommodations, double occupancy (if share is not available,
the single supplement will apply)
- Booking fee
- Local taxes
All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as airfare.
Select your optional services (for example: single room) during the booking process.
- 25% deposit required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card
- Security deposit: cash or valid credit card