Death Valley Adventure
The Mother Lode Excursion!
Join us in visiting the largest U.S. national park outside of Alaska from the saddle of an adventure motorcycle. Death Valley is big and its terrain is challenging, but despite its severe name, it is the home of tremendously beautiful geologic diversity, rich cultural history, and several actual ghost towns. It is one of the most unique and diversified motorcycle adventure destinations in the world.
Adventure riding at its very best!
This round trip starts and ends in Las Vegas. We take you through the Mother Lode of the diverse Mojave desert with elevations as low as 282 feet below sea level and up to 7,000 feet above sea level. We will introduce you to some off-road riding just outside of Las Vegas where you can brush up your skills with some pointers by your guide. A mixture of paved and unpaved roads will lead you to famous Death Valley destinations like Dante’s View, Racetrack Playa, Ubehebe Crater, and Scotty’s Castle. The route will also take you off the beaten path to visit abandoned mining camps and ghost towns like Rhyolite or Darwin, to name just a few.
Memories for a lifetime!
This tour is a fully guided adventure motorcycle tour. We carefully select routes appropriate for big adventure bikes, but the current conditions are susceptible to change (due to weather), which could increase the challenge of the course. Two-up riding is only recommended if you are a longtime experienced off-road rider. A passenger could travel in our support vehicle and meet up with you and the group during lunch stops. Note: the support vehicle is mainly used to transport luggage between accommodations along the route.
Highlights: Death Valley National Park, China Ranch Date Farm, Dante’s View, Rhyolite Ghost Town, Scotty’s Castle, Ubehebe Crater, Racetrack Playa, Wildrose Kilns, Artist Drive, Badwater, Skidoo Mining Site, and more
Full Tour Details
Duration: 6 days, incl. arrival and departure
Riding days: 5
Total distance: 800 miles
Daily riding hours: 5-8
Ride difficulty: 3 (out of 5)
Terrain: All on public roads, the majority paved. Approx. 35% on unpaved roads appropriate for big adventure bikes
International Airports: LAV
Group size: 4-10 riders
Group riding: Required
Suitable for passengers: No
Suitable for children: No
Accommodations: Selected hotels and bed & breakfasts
- Day 1: Meeting in Las Vegas at 6:30pm (0 miles)
- Day 2: Las Vegas - China Ranch (120 miles)
(40% dirt roads)
- Day 3: China Ranch – Beatty (200 miles)
(35% dirt roads)
- Day 4: Beatty - Panamint Springs (180 miles)
(70% dirt roads)
- Day 5: Panamint Springs - Furnace Creek (120 miles)
(15% dirt roads)
- Day 6: Furnace Creek - Las Vegas (180 miles)
(10% dirt roads)
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- 21 years old or older
- Off-road riding experience
- Riding experience, minimum 2 years
- Good health and physical condition
- Valid motorcycle endorsed driver's license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets are required
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, with GPS and satellite phone
- Rental motorcycle
- Support vehicle for luggage transport, service & passengers
- Technical support
- Tips on riding techniques
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing, with daily route print-out
- Snacks, water, & refreshments
- 5x breakfasts
- 2x dinners, including non-alcoholic beverages
- 5x accommodations, double occupancy (if share is not available,
the single supplement will apply)
- Preparation fee and booking fee
- Local taxes
- Entrance fee for Death Valley National Park
All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as airfare.
Select your optional services (for example: single room) during the booking process.
- 25% pre-payment required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card
- Security deposit: Cash or valid credit card