Black Forest Tour
Amazing motorcycle tour through the Black Forest!
The Black Forest is a perfect location for exciting motorcycle tours throughout some of Germany’s best-known sceneries. Imagine a quiet countryside dotted with enormous traditional farmhouses and patrolled by amiable dairy cows. It’s not nature wild and remote, but bucolic and picturesque. It’s not the extreme alpine style riding, but wonderful winding paved roads connecting traditional towns, lakes, waterfalls reaching 4,500 ft elevation for incredible views of the Swiss Alps, the Rhine Valley and French Alsace.
On curvy roads!
The tour starts in Zurich, Northern Switzerland, leading along remote and curvy back country roads to the heart of Black Forest where you will spend 4 nights at Lake Titisee, one of the Black Forest most famous tourist destinations. Three days of riding from that location will offer you a new route every day. Visit castles, lakes, farmhouses, traditional woodcraft shops (save for your new cuckoo clock) and Europe’s largest waterfalls, the Rhine Falls. Enjoy regional foods like Black Forest cured ham and fresh Black Forest baked breads straight from the oven with plentiful cheese. Extraordinary dinners will be served in multi-course meals at the hub hotel each night and if you are looking for some entertainment a local train will take you to the city of Freiburg. This city was incorporated in the early 12th century and has a downtown full of historical medieval buildings.
An excellent entrance step to riding motorcycles in Europe!
This tour offers an excellent entrance step to riding motorcycles in Europe. It is a great tour to ride two-up. Weather and riding styles will determine the actual daily routes. Only on the first and last day will you have to pack your luggage in the morning to be carried by our support vehicle to and from the Black Forest.
Highlights: Black Forest, Lake Constance, French Alsace, Rhine Falls, World's largest Cuckoo Clock, Black Forest Open Air Museum, Hohkoenigsburg Castle
Full Tour Details
Duration: 7 days
Riding days: 5
Total distance: 739 miles
Daily riding hours: 5
Ride difficulty: 2-3 (out of 5)
Terrain: Winding paved roads
International Airports: ZRH
Group size: 4-10 riders
Group riding: With the tour guide or on your own, as you prefer
Suitable for passengers: Good
Suitable for children: Passenger only, minimum age 16
Accommodations: Selected 3* hotels
|Day 1:||Arrival in Zurich||(0 miles)|
|Day 2:||Zurich - Rhine Falls - Titisee||(124 miles)|
|Day 3:||Titisee - France - Titisee||(161 miles)|
|Day 4:||Titisee - Schoenau - Titisee||(164 miles)|
|Day 5:||Titisee - Brandenkopf - Titisee||(133 miles)|
|Day 6:||Titisee - Lake Constance - Zurich||(155 miles)|
|Day 7:||Zurich (Departure)||(0 miles)|
- All-weather motorcycle experience
- 21 years old or older
- Experience riding curvy roads
- Valid motorcycle endorsed driver's license, category A (non-restrictive)
- Valid ID, or any required document to travel to this country (passport, visa, etc.)
- Helmets are required
- Experienced tour guide on motorcycle, multilingual, with GPS
- Motorcycle rental
- Collision damage waiver (CDW), deductable: CHF2000.00
- Luggage carrier (side cases or saddle bags or top case)
- Included kilometers/miles limited, but enough for entire tour
- Support vehicle for luggage transport
- Technical support
- General route and area information
- Daily briefing, with daily route print-out
- 6x breakfasts
- Welcome Dinner incl. nonalcoholic beverages
- 6x accommodation, double occupancy (if share is not available, the single supplement will apply)
- Preparation fee and booking fee
- Local sales tax
All services not specified in the "included services" section, such as airfare.
Select your optional services (for example: single room) during the booking process.
- 25% deposit required for reservation
- Balance due 6 weeks prior to tour start
- With valid credit card
- Security deposit: with valid credit card